We strongly agree, and even support your access to all information collected about you in our site, and we confirm that you have the right to see it whenever you wish, and that you have the right to know why this personal data is collected. We respect the privacy and personal information of customers, and for this reason we hereby provide a comprehensive presentation of our policy and procedures in this matter.
Our policy and principles in privacy protection
– If you notice we missed any crucial information you need, please contact us.
– We have free articles in different titles related to business and education in which users can subscribe and interact.
What personal data we collect?
When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images or documents to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information submitted through the on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Gmail and HostGator. Google adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here. HostGator also is compliance to the EU GDPR, for more information you can visit this link.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
– Our site uses the following cookies:
– Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behavior on the site.
– WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
– WooCommerce cookies – these are used by the WooCommerce plugin to track visitors and their purchased items in the cart.
– W3 Total Cache cookies – these are used by W3 Total Cache plugin to monitor referrer and user identification for caching purposes.
– 2checkout WooCommerce cookies – this is used by the WooCommerce extension 2checkout for verifying user payment and checkout status.
– Limit Login Attempts cookies – this is used by the Limit login attempts plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
– OneSignal push notification – It is used by our website to allow users and guest subscription to our website. They will receive browser notification whenever our website posts a new articles or posts. OneSignal company declared that they will no longer keep IP information, and they have now more secured procedures to deal with EU users.
– In addition to Google Analytics, we are using the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
– Affiliate performance statistics – statistics regarding our affiliates
– Installer statistics – statistics regarding the number of plugin installations of our products in clients, also includes the site info like PHP version, WordPress version used, etc.
– Support statistics – statistics regarding our supporters and clients about how many tickets created, resolved, pending, etc.
– WooCommerce statistics – statistics regarding our sales, conversion rates, refunds, etc.
– Reference sites statistics – statistics regarding our clients reference sites installation.
We host online sessions, meetings and conferences by using integrated events platform. It is integrated with WizIQ virtual lessons platform. All collected information are related to the access of these services, and we are taking the best security procedures to insure that these details are stored with our database and not shared with other companies. Wiziq also have access to these detail as they support the service with us. This is a link to WizIQ policy page.
Why we collect these data?
– We collect these data for the following reasons:
– We register data of customers willing to participate in the lectures we provide through our website to communicate with them, send periodic bulletins and invitations to attend different events.
– The information we collect is necessary to provide our services to our users and customers.
– To answer the customers questions and inquiries, and to reply their comments in our published articles.
Who can see your personal information?
If you are not a registered client in our site, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are a client with an ABCHorizon account, your personal information can be accessed by:
– Our System administrator.
– Our supporters when they need to (in order to provide support) get the information about the client accounts and access.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
– We protect customer data with the following site features:
– We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
– We check and monitor data traffic instantly by using specialized firewall software.
– Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
– In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
How long does our data stay?
The data remains with us as long as there are services we provide to our customers. When the customer requests to withdraw his data, we hand over all the data and records we have, and delete his account upon his request.
What rights do you have on your data?
If you are a subscriber, you may request a copy of our data at any time. You can also request to delete any personal data we keep about you.
If you wish to contact us, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Personal Data Policy
The following information will help you to understand the purposes for which the University will store and process your personal data.